St. Louis Airsoft Players

For the players - By the players
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: SLAP Flag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 am 
Airsofter

This is a personal friend who does some screen printing. She will be making a custom frame and screen for us. I have not heard back about logo size or anything as she is doing this on the side for us. This is one reason I want to get it going so we don't run out of time.

I like the idea of using same screen for shirts but not sure if a logo that will fit on a shirt will also be large enough for our flag. Depending on how many shirts we would want we could do SLAP on the back or pay for individual names. I will try and get her on the phone in the next few days to chat about all of this.

13.5" logo might not be too bad for a 2'x3' flag though. I will have to do some real mockups of the sizes to get an idea on a real scale of how the 13.5" logo looks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am 
Catching on to this whole airsoft thing

Delbs wrote:

Shirt looks sweet. Anything on the back? Flag logo needs to be bigger IMO. I may be able to help with some costs but until I get the patches in and flowing, I have my $$$ tied up.

My point on the size, I don't know who is screen printing but make sure they can screen to a larger size if going on 2'x3' and to distribute cost of only making a few flags vs flags and t-shirt try and find a size that will work with both printings. This way you don't incur the setup fee for the flags only.

The mockup is true to size that I created for the drawing if you printed on both items.

"If you can't tell I have connections to all kinds of printing and design if ever needed in my line of work." My printer does a minimum of 12 garments printed cost for 1 color is $8. Order more garments and the cost goes down at 24,48, etc. She does have oversized screens but then the logo will occupy a whole shirt back or front. NO set up fees www.circledsportslocker.com

Not trying to poach your friend but incase it doens't work for her

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 am 
Airsofter

Thanks RV. Your input is definitely appreciated and noted. Once I talk to her I will let everyone know the plan.

What are the rest of your thoughts on the 13.5" logo? I don't think it looks that bad and is a definite option.

Just a wild thought, but what about moving the flag logo down (or up) a little and putting a S.L.A.P. above it to fill some of the space? We could then use the S.L.A.P. logo for the back of the t-shirts as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 am 

I was a little wrong on the screen size they are bigger than I remember so getting the logo up to 16"-17" should look good on the flag but the platans the t-shirts slide on to print are only 14 wide... Sorry about that as my job was to only create the art and such. You could still do a 16"-17" print on a t-shirt though with the flags to help your friend no incur cost and the print on the shirt would be large... think affliction syle all over print.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:36 pm 
Airsofter

I believe that they will be cutting the designs out of vynil and using that for a stencil. she said two different sizes wouldn't be a problem. I am hoping to talk with them this weekend. will keep you updated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 pm 
Airsofter

$25 to make the screen for both the flag and t-shirts, then $3 for each t-shirt print. The $3 is to cover the cost of ink and if we have a large order of shirts, they may have to make a second screen.

2'x3' flags are $11 each for the flag. If we have a large order for flags, then we may have to make another screen but unlikely. He surely thinks 10 flag prints on one screen wouldn't be a problem.

I will probably print one SLAP flag and maybe a couple shirts for myself.

How does that sound everyone?I feel like this is a very reasonable cost. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:48 pm 
Milsim Guy

Can you link a picture of how the flag will look? I'm interested in having one just because.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:28 pm 
Airsofter

I sent them the images of RV's pic from page two. I think 13.5" slap logo on the shirts and 16-17" inch logo on a 2'x3' tan flag. We can get whatever size we want for each.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:36 pm 
Milsim Guy

Well I for one will take 1 of each. That's $3.00 for a shirt and $11 for the flag, correct? I'll give you a crisp $20 bill for your troubles. I have no problem supporting ya to better the community :P Once you get the flags and shirts, send me some images of the shirts and flags and maybe a picture of them together for some marketing. I'll post it up on the facebook page and see if we get some bites from there too. I'll send them to the site for registration and have them check out this thread to contact you. :D

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:34 am 
Airsofter

Sounds good, will do. Once we have everyone's order (give it a week or two) I will order the flags. Does anyone have a source for reasonably priced t-shirts?

I would be up for printing extras as well, but we would have to print a variety of sizes of shirts. So, depending on cost of shirts we will go from there regarding extras. I will be getting a flag and two shirts most likely.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:26 am 

For t-shirts if anyone has a business account you could try (broder bros. www.alphabroder.com) or (s&s activewear www.ssactivewear.com)

If not walmart blank tees are only a few bucks.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:30 am 
I'm new, be firm, but fair!

I would be up for printing extras as well, but we would have to print a variety of sizes of shirts. So, depending on cost of shirts we will go from there regarding extras. I will be getting a flag and two shirts most likely.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 am 
Elitist Prick

you do realize this thread is over 2 years old, right?