St. Louis Airsoft Players

For the players - By the players
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:27 pm 
Elitist Prick 1st Class

Due to the increased occurrence of heat casualties at SLAP games the following rule has been put in place.

If you are a heat casualty:

1st offense - banned from SLAP games for 1 month

2nd offense - banned from SLAP games for 6 months

3rd offense - banned from SLAP games for 12 months

4th offense - you are done playing at SLAP games forever

Definition of a heat casualty - you are unable to care for yourself. Meaning we have to take somebody out of the game to attend to you. This includes those times you think you are fine but others determine that you are not and have to watch you.
This does not include you catching it early and sitting out of your own accord to get re-hydrated.

We have discussed how to handle the issue and decided that we will not punish everyone for a few people's mistake.

This rule is for the good of everyone. We do not need the negative attention a heat related death would bring.
If you are playing airsoft you are old enough to follow the simple guidelines to keeping yourself functioning in the heat.

Remember, once you become a heat casualty once it makes it easier to become one again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:02 pm 
SLAP Public Relations Officer

Its a shame that this has to be done, but it has to be done.

I mean how many heat casulties have there been in the last few years?

And now all of a sudden we have like 9-10 this year?

Unacceptable! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:41 pm 
Airsofter

Beachfront was the worst I have ever seen for that sort of thing. I could not believe people were running around so completely unprepared.

If you prehydrate,

If you drink,

If you stay clued in to how you are feeling,

if you drink some more,

You will not be a heat casualty.

Believe it or not, it is not Holly's responsibility to run all over and make sure you are ok. It is YOUR responsibility.

You have an easy field to take care of yourself on. Ask any of the guys who run up to KC and play about what it is like to have a running battle in one of the back canyons of Rushville... Over the summer we have had several people walk down to the barn for a break but we have not had a single serious heat related issue.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY. You might need it some day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:09 pm 
MCLMM

You'd think it'd be easy to govern yourself and drink water.

Now I will admit I started to get a little dehydrated on Saturday. It's my fault, HOWEVER, I knew my body and my limit and I felt myself getting dehydrated and at that point I slowed down, chugged down some water and walked back to the staging area at the end of the 2nd mission with some other players.

It's all about taking care of yourself folks... how stupid would it be for you to DIE while playing a GAME!

http://www.facebook.com/tacmilsim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 pm 
Knows what he is talking about!

And please, leave the silly looking BLACK vests at home. They are nothing but giant heat sinks when you wear them in the field. Your body will be warm enough with regular tan or green gear on without adding the stress of solid black covering your bodies core.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 pm 
jdog wrote:
Personally I say we leave it up to the player to pick what vest he likes most, regardless of what color someone else thinks is best. While mine is in OD, I dont see a problem with black. Saying that "newbs" gravitate to black vest (making it sound stupid) is not fair IMO. If someone likes black, let them wear black. If they can handle the extra heat it brings, good, if not, maybe something needs to be done. But saying black is silly really doesnt make sense to me.

(Not criticizing really, just pointing it out)

I think (correct me if Im wrong) what Napalm and the others are trying to say is that since darker colors provide the least protection from the sun, black is not a good color to wear in the heat because you will dehydrate faster than if you were wearing lighter colors. It is not because they think black looks stupid or anything like that, they just dont want to risk someone getting sick because they don't know their own limits or are just plain too stupid to accept them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:34 pm 
MCLMM

Well that and black doesn't blend in with a damn thing... not even at night.

http://www.facebook.com/tacmilsim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:27 pm 
Airsofter

If I might pipe in here as I'm not really in the player base most of the year (defiantely playing come summer tho, and winter break if we can get the people willing)

I know it sounds cruel, but post up the name of the person and if possible a picture to make everyone else aware that they have had a problem before and to watch them... and honestly the public humiliation will make EVERYONE think twice about not drinking up.

Alex "Col Sanders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:26 am 
Администратор форума

Anyway... let's recap the important part of this thread.

These rules ARE in effect. That much is not open for discussion, so let me make that perfectly clear for anyone who has not posted, that hasn't caught on yet.

We have not restricted the use of black gear and see no need for such restriction given the new rule ( at least I don't); however, we strongly advise against wearing black tactical vests and helmets and such, as they do conduct more heat than others do. New players tend to gravitate toward that gear, due to video games heroes rife with it, and older pictures and such of SWAT units that used to use it. It will not make you invisible if you wear such gear; it's use generally came about as another item for intimidation, an effort to be seen, not an attempt at concealment. In airsoft, all it will accomplish is to make you hot, and shot. :roll:

Forum Administrator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:48 pm 
Администратор форума

Ok, now we know what not to do at games. I'm locking this.

Forum Administrator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 am 
Администратор форума

Read this again!

It's going to be approximately 95 degrees out on the first day of Recondo!

Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm 
Администратор форума

Noobs, read this thread!

Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:21 am 
Elitist Prick

Bringing this back to everyone's attention since we had one this weekend...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]